The Cape Carnival seeks a full time Marketing Manager for a one-year fixed term contract, 3 months’ probation, renewable annually. Start date immediate / dependent on availability of chosen candidate; not later than 15 September 2022.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing plans for the Cape Town Carnival and making sure the public is aware of the brand in order to attract and keep spectators, partners and sponsors.
The role of the Marketing Manager is to manage the Marketing Plan for the Cape Town Carnival. The key responsibilities include Budget control, Sponsor deliverables and liaison, Event and Brand Marketing, Advertising (event and brand), PR, Event Day branding and activations, Research and Reporting.
CAPE TOWN CARNIVAL
WHAT WE DO.
Cape Town Carnival brings together performers and artists to showcase creativity, encourage celebration, and boost tourism in an annual world class spectacle.
WHY WE DO IT.
To inspire joy and unity through creativity.
To cultivate and sustain local participation in arts & culture.
To showcase and celebrate the diversity of Cape Town.
To create jobs, develop skills, build networks, and give voice and visibility to communities.
Reports to Cape Town Carnival CEO
Experience and skills required
- At least three years’ experience as a senior marketing manager.
- 3 years project management experience, including budgeting and planning, with stellar communication skills, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Proven excellent inter-personal skills.
- The ability to see a story, identify different styles and different audiences and ensure that the story is developed and told via different mediums
- Writing skills are advantageous
- Good teamwork skills
- The ability to maximize relationships and abilities in a team; encouraging and inspiring, advising and interpreting.
- Proven understanding of Digital Marketing; online marketing and social media strategy and implementation.
- Established contacts with media advantageous
- Ability to communication and network with sponsors, community partners and other departments
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in marketing, or related field.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending a CV together with a covering letter and a 2 min video recording of how you would tackle the Cape Town Carnival Marketing Manager role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am 18 August 2022.
If you require more detail on the job spec, please contact Yolanda.